Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Weekend Recap

I know everything happens for a reason and because I'm a child of God, I also know that everything that happens is meant for my good. Well, none of that made me feel immediately better about how out of control my weekend became! It's not that it was soooo bad, but it just didn't go my way. First, my body finally surrendered to my 5yr old son coughing in my face throughout the week. I woke up with the scratchy throat syndrome. Then, since my son had had the cough for over a week, I decided to take him to the doctor. Plus, he needed a haircut AND I had plans to drop my daughter off at the mall with her friend. Then some family stuff surfaced on Sunday, which is REALLY the day I like to chill! Therefore, the weekend that I had planned to relax and recover from the tiresome previous weekend was everything but.

HOWEVER, in the end everything was in divine order. The things that interrupted MY plans of the upmost importance: my nephew's 1st b-day party and a family dinner in celebration of my visiting great-aunt from Memphis, TN. As much as I complained about the infrigement of my intended R&R weekend, I was glad to have had the time with my family.

God-willing, there will be other weekends to sit back and relax or maybe do some major house cleaning that my house is in serious need of.

Til next time...

L.A.

No comments: