Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

A Surprising Payout

No one could have been more surprised than me when my name was pulled for the grand prize of a 26in flat screen DVD/Combo television. I was attending a talent show for which the proceeds benefit an annual Christmas party for Detroit's homeless children. It's an annual event presented by the AT&T Pioneers and the QSA Foundation, two organizations in which I volunteer for regularly. This is the fourth year of the talent show and the 2nd show that I attended. What's ironic is that I very close to not attending the show. I always support it financially, but this year I was on a committee and my friend's daughter was a contestant so there I was. And, boy oh boy, was I glad I was there or the t.v. would've been given to someplace else!

So, you see, it pays to support events that benefit the community at large. You never know how you'll be rewarded :))

Til Next Time...Author L.A. Jefferson

No comments: