Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Was the 3lbs Worth It???

I knew it was a bad idea from the start, but I just couldn't help myself. If nothing else, I needed to face the consequences of my actions. My birthday was this previous weekend and I celebrated with plenty of good eats: fried shrimp & crab legs, mashed potatoes, salad, cake, cake, and more cake, AND cookies, cookies, and more cookies. Yes, I went overboard and the scale confirmed it. Thank God it wasn't a horrific increase, but an increase nonetheless. This morning I'm faced with the question of "was it worth it?"

Yes and no. One thing I learned over my years of bodyshaping is that you can't beat yourself up too long for over-indulging in whatever your weaknesses are. My weakness has always been sweets. To my credit, I don't eat them anywhere like I used to eat them! The fact that it was my birthday and I was getting some much needed relaxation from the usual ripping and running that I normally do on weekends is an exception that I'll gladly accept. Now the "no" part of the answer stems from the acknowledgment that the way I treat myself on special occasions has to change. Just because I'm relaxing doesn't mean I have to relax AND eat nearly a package of chocolate chip cookies. Instead, I could've spent that Saturday afternoon sipping on a warm cup of coffee--far less calories and fat.

Anyway, it's just about a full week since my birthday and I'm back on track. I'm working on not eating after 7pm, keeping the sweets to a minimum, and moving more (especially those abs).

Til Later...L.A.

No comments: