Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Making the Most of this Time

I have these moments more often than I admit and certainly more often than I take advantage of. I'm speaking of times alone in my house without my children. Unfortunately, the times are not that long, but even still it is of the upmost importance that I take advantage of it.

Usually when I have these times I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'm running here, running there--sometimes going to the gym, or grocery shopping. If I stay home, I'm attempting to clean up or cook or anything related to the house. Sometimes if I have a good book around, I'll get some reading done.

Now, there's nothing wrong with any of the things listed below IF I didn't have something of an urgent nature to do. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm talking about writing. I'm always complaining that as a fulltime, working single mother of two, the one thing I don't have enough time for is writing. So, today, at this moment, while I could be working out, catching up on laundry, cleaning my kitchen, or retrieving my fall wardrobe from storage in the basement, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is, if that makes sense. As soon as I finish this blog entry, I'm pulling out my pad & paper and getting some writing done on my current writing project: Reconcilliation to Hell.

Wish me luck! Hopefully, if I don't get distracted, I'll make some progress that I can be proud of.

Til Later...L.A.

P.S. Please forgive me for not proofreading this entry, but I gotta get busy :)

No comments: