Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Take That, Chase!

I had to change my post because my payday has come & gone and I'm experiencing a different kind of joy from what I was going to post a few days ago. Before I was excited about what I'd planned to do. Today, I'm excited about what I've done. You see, I'm in a battle with my debt--one creditor in particular--JP Morgan Chase. Sometime in January, they sent me a warning letter that they were raising my interest rate to a astronomical rate of 29.99% Crazy, right? According to them, since I had paid them a few days late on two different occasions within a six month period, my punishment was a drastic decrease to my credit limit (by over 50%) and increasing my interest rate. Lucky for me, they gave me 2 billing cycles to adjust my budget for the seriously increased monthly payment. NOT! Well, if JP knew anything about me, they'd know I had absolutely NO intentions of allowing them to practically rob me. So what'd I do??? Without having to rob Pete to pay JP, I dipped into my special savings and put a hunk of cash on my balance. That was two weeks ago. Then when I got paid last Friday, I put 90% of my net pay towards the balance too! "Ha! Take that Chase!" I wish I could see the look on somebody's face with their organization when my balance decreased by nearly 50%. I've been struggling to get credit card debt free for over 10 years. Thank God,  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: