Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Health Care Reform

I'm not a political blogger, but I couldn't very well allow the passage of the 1st Healthcare Reform Bill for the United States to occur without comment.On Monday morning, as I slowly came out of my sleep, the first thing I did was power on my iPhone to my email inbox and the first message was about the passage of the bill. I remember thinking, "Ok, cool." No big deal. Then I tuned into the news and immediatley learned how big of a deal it was. As of today, members of Congress have received threats against their lives in the form of phone calls, bricks being thrown through their windows. The brother of one Congressman--his address posted on a healthcare opposer's website-- even had a gas line to his home cut. This stuff is getting SERIOUS! I can't believe this hoopla is over such a humane effort as providing healthcare to ALL Americans. Of all the things we taxpayers have to pay for, healthcare for ALL Americans is one I'll gladly see come out of my paycheck.

No comments: