Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our Family Wedding

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Sure it was another remake of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, this time, featuring an African American man and a Mexican American woman. But it was still great. A wonderful celebration of brown skinned love! I loved Forest Whittaker's as the sexy, womanizing, single-father. I know I was byfar not the only person leaving the theater with love and marriage on my mind! Although I married the same man twice (more to come of that story in my 2nd novel Reconciliation to Hell), I never had the experience of the excitement of planning a wedding. Thank God I don't have a drama-hungry family so when I do plan my wedding, it will really be a joyful time. My previous marriage made me realize how important it is to REALLY celebrate the beginning of the marriage with a beautiful wedding, reception, and honeymoon because once that part is over, the REAL work begins.

Til next time,

L.A. Jefferson

No comments: