Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

All Things Will Work for my Good

In this real estate market everybody and their mama has housing on their minds. Whether it's buying a first home, buying an investment property, trying to short sale ones current home in hopes of buying a better, but cheaper home, or, unfortunately, losing a home to foreclosure. No matter the situation, I've come to the understanding that if whatever you're hoping for to happen doesn't seem to be working out how you want it, you must know that God is going to work it out for your good. That is what HIS word says and I BELIEVE it!

I currently already own a home. When I purchased it almost 10 yrs ago it was perfect for myself and my daughter. Now I have a son too and would love another bedroom. Notice I didn't say need??? It's important to REALLY know the difference between wants and needs when making big decisions. Yes, a huge part of me feels that I need a 3BR home. Then there's another part of me that feels the need for the bigger home that I want is not worth the consequences of foreclosure or bankruptcy. I've worked too hard over the years to keep good credit to destroy it--even just for a few years--because I want what I want. It's important for me to do things the RIGHT way as much as possible. This is something that I've had to think long & hard about AND be prayerful about as well.

What I keep being led to realize is that, as unfortunate as it is for what I want, I am simply not in a financial situation to buy the bigger house that I want while I still own the one that I live in. But you know what? I AM in a financial situation to do some other things that I have on my plate. Those include remodeling my basement, decreasing my debt, increasing my savings, taking my children on a spring vacation, and promoting my self-published book, Unfinished Business.

How you view your circumstances is all about your attitude. Even when things aren't going the way you think they should, God may have something totally different in my mind for you. My advice is to make the best of whatever situation you're in and give God the glory!

No comments: