Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

An Important Note to Self

In church today I was really trying to focus on why I was there, but something really bothersome kept pulling my attention away. There was a young lady there who had a baby somewhere between 6-9 months ago AND her belly was smaller than mine! And I'm almost sure that she didn't come out of the hospital exercising and doing crunches! She was just blessed with better skin elasticity than me. While this distubrs me greatly, I'm learning to not focus on things that I have no control over and work on the things I do have control over--myself and what I put into and do with my body. So, right now I'm kind of bummed about the box of girl scout cookies that I ate today :( but I'm looking forward to the 100 jumping jacks, 5 minutes of running in place, and 20 push ups that I'll do before bed tonight.

One of my good friends often tells me of what one of her cousins tells her often. And that is that she MUST exercise everyday and watch her food intake to control her weight because she knows her body. She can't compare herself to others and that's how I need to be.

So note to self, "No more getting down about other women's small stomachs. And most important, you are beautiful AND sexy with a beautiful curvaceous body even with curves where you might not want them. You're just one hot mama!"

No comments: