Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Will I, Won't I, If so, When?

Here we go again or should I say here I go again--contemplating changing my hair. The fact that I keep going back to the idea to take my locs down must mean it's what I really want to do. Of course, I realize that I usually feel this way when I'm feeling tired of looking at the same 'ole same 'ole. However, when I go through this and then do some different style to my hair, that solution is becoming less and less satisfying.

So, what's the worse that can happen, I'm asking myself, if I take my locs down? Will I immediately regret it? Will I feel a freedom on top of my head that I've been quietly longing for? If so, will that feeling evaporate the next morning as soon as I have to do more to my hair than take the scarf off of it???

Further, if I let the locs go, what will my hair styling options be? Trying to keep up natural hair styles is what led me to locs in the first place. One day twists, next day cute twist-out, the next day a less cute twist-out. Later that week straightened hair. My days prior to locs I felt like John Trivolta and Nicholas Cage in the movie Face Off. I was still me underneath, but I was someone else on the outside. Then I got to the point where I had to make a decision and I decided to do something that I had never done before. Now that I've done it, I'm kind of tired of it.

No comments: