Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Today was much more fun than I expected it to be. It's the last two days of the winter break for the kids. Usually I don't take any vacation days off since it's so early in the year but this time I was driven to do something different. While I couldn't do the entire week, I settled on these last two days. I promised the kids fun, not just hanging around the house. Not only did I want to do something fun, I wanted to do something outside of the box. My original intent was to go to a bounce house. That wasn't going to be much fun for my 14yr old but at least she'd be out of the house. Plus I was going to stop by a mall for her. She would have been happy. But things ended up working out even better than that.

The weather was more than decent for a February in Michigan so when my daughter suggested we go ice skating after our brunch, I surprised her with, not only an approval, but a follow through! Supporting one of my city's newest jewels, campus martius park. We had a great time! I had as much fun if not more than the kids! I want to go again, but it was just beautiful to have shared that experience with my kids.

No comments: