Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chilling Out

Today when I got off work, I headed to my mom's to pick up my children. They'd spent the night over there. Well, I've been working early hours this week, and each day after work, there's been something to "do".

Not today, I declared to myself on the drive to mom's. Chilling out and relaxing is the name of my game for this evening. I'm even giving the kids a day off--actually, giving myself a break from barking out orders all evening long :) Kids would never believe it, but fussing can be overwhelmingly frustrating.

How can I not stop and enjoy the beauty of this summer evening? The humidity of the last few days is gone. Right now, I've got a nice, cool breeze coming through my windows. I'm posted up on the couch with my laptop, my iPhone, and a nice tall glass of water, preparing to watch one of my favorite programs. This is what summer is all about!

Saturday was the last day I went to the gym for a rigorous workout. Although, we're at the end of the week, I'm not pressing myself to hit the gym today or the workout on the RiverWalk, either. Nope. I'm chilling. If anything, I may take a nice walk after dinner, further enjoying the summer breeze. Then again, maybe I'll just continue relaxing on the couch.

I figure, since I can't take a vacation at a moments notice like I'd like, I at least owe myself a vacation from the, oftentimes, self-inflicted daily stresses of ripping and running after work.

Thank you Jesus!

No comments: