Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Uh-Oh, She Betta Watch Out

She didn't realize it, but my loctitian gave me major props when she was retightening my hair the other day. You see, I'd just gotten my locs colored a week ago by my pre-natural hair days stylist. Well that stylist doesn't maintain locs, but I trusted her undoubtedly for color treating my locs. Point being, since I had a ladies' night outing prior my scheduling retightening visit I had to do retighten myself. Anyway, when my locitian saw my hair she said, "Oh, she retightened it,too," speaking of the colorist. I proudly answered that I had retightened my own hair. Though she didn't go on to compliment me directly (which I think she should have), I took it as a compliment that she thought a professional had done my hair.

Such a proud moment. Even though I'd received compliments from others when I retighten my locs, it meant a lot coming from someone who does it professionally. It reaffirmed that I can do a really good job when I take my time. And more importantly, if I can do such a good job on my own hair, I can do it for others, too.

That, I'm looking forward to. Yet, another stream of income. One that can replace my day job, if necessary, thus making more free time to pen those stories :) Always gotta think ahead, right?

LA Jefferson

No comments: