Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

They Won't Always be Small

Here it is a Saturday night--technically Sunday morning-- and I'm sitting in my bed on the Net instead of getting my dance on at two parties I was invited to. While it's not so much that I just to go to either of these parties, but simply that it would be nice to have been able to without taking my kids to my parents house. After all, the do have a father. A father, who during our divorce two years ago, claimed that he wanted joint physical custody of our children. Well, since those proceedings he's done nothing but prove me right in my belief that he wasn't "for real" about his request. Unfortunately, it was also during those proceedings that our children spent a night with their dad. His loss!

It's a good thing that I accepted my sole responsibility for my children a long time ago. So when these seldom times occur, when I long for the kids to have another home with their dad every other weekend, I just remember what my mom told me her mother told her--"Your children won't always be small." How comforting? What's really comforting is that I'm almost there. With a 14 yr old and a 5 yr old, in another year or so, I won't be having this issue.

Now I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's true, they won't always be small, but one thing for certain they will always be YOUR children. And will appreciate you being there during their formative years.
C.F. Dorsey