Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

8a.m. Late start to my morning. Usually I'm up by 7 on a Saturday. But as long as my husband and son remained asleep, my morning stood a chance of continuing business as usual. Crossing my fingers.Image result for crossed fingers

Writing or, more specifically, the marketing of my work weighed heavily on my mind before I even peeled the covers off of me. One reason was a boost of encouragement I received from a fellow author/editor who I greatly admire. She doesn't let anything hold her back from accomplishing her goals. She pushes forward and inspires others to do the same. Yesterday, I was inspired. Not just my usual inspiration to write, but inspiration for ACTION!

So my first stop was the computer--after the bathroom, of course. I brought my bitly account to access some shortened links that I created eons ago, and then Hootsuite to schedule some post for the remainder of March. It's National Reading Month so it was perfect timing to market both of my books--the one already published and the upcoming one.

Not including the eventual hour or so disruption from my husband (grooming his locs! and online shopping),  marketing for the month took me about an hour thanks to copy & paste!

With the business of my writing complete (for today, that is), now I have the rest of the day ahead of me,

Hmph, perfect time for my husband and I to do something together but he's made plans with my dad. Seriously, dude?

"You can come?" He says as though I want to spend a portion of my day listening to him and my dad do their "guy" talk, trying unsuccessfully to find a place in the conversation like a novice trying to jump into a double dutch twirling rope. Not so easy.

"That's cool, baby. I'm sure I'll find something to do with my time." I say, hiding the grin spreading on my lips.

I start every weekend with a list of stuff going on. This weekend is no different.

Exercise. I'm always trying to make time for that. Until my husband woke up I was trying to connect with a friend for our weekly mall walking together. Nevertheless, the gym just over a mile away from me is always an option.

Then there's a writers critique meeting at 3pm that I'd love to go. Any other time that would be perfect timing but not today. Near the same time I'm dropping off food for a sorority sister's family repast.

Maybe a movie while enjoying some buttery popcorn. Opps! That'll throw off my weight watchers points off for the day so that's off the table.

Guess I'll do something with this sewing machine I got for Christmas and still haven't done anything with besides threading it. Or read a book. Again it is National Reading Month. Image result for wink
Til Next Tim...L.A.

No comments: