Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

"What have you been up to?"

How do you really answer that question? Usually I respond with something along the lines of same 'ole same 'ole. Any other response would surely illicit the respond, "TMI" from the requestor. Or at least I think so.

If someone really wants to know what I've been up they would learn that I'm trying to finish a book I've been reading since the beginning of January. I'm trying to pay my bills ON TIME every month to increase my credit score so that I can be approved for a mortgage loan. I'm passively planning my daughter's upcoming 16th birthday celebration. I'm blogging and promoting my book, Unfinished Business. On top of all of that I'm consciencely making efforts to keep my house clean and in order. Oh and need I mention that I have two children in school--one a six year old who I have to help with homework and read to or have reading every evening.

See how much stuff I have going on? And there's so much I didn't even bother to mention. Who really wants to hear all of that? Nobody. Therefore, "Same 'ole, same 'ole" will continue to be my response.

How do you answer that question?

No comments: