Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

From the Fitness Guru Himself

Talk about nerve! My dad had the audacity to laugh at me when he learned of a recent purchase that I'd made of an inflatable punching bag. Yes, I'll admit that I got caught up in overzealous holiday shopping and bought the damn thing primarily because the popping yellow from the box was eye-catching in the conveniently placed bin containing tons of the "perfect" gifts for family and friends. Still, to be ridiculed by the fitness equipment guru of ALL TIME is inconceivable. I'm not kidding, either, about the guru status. Over my lifetime, my dad has bought just every health & fitness product available to man--juicers, vegetable steamers, fat burning products, ab lounger, ab roller, Tower 200, Total Gym, treadmill, elipticals. Need I say more. In fact, it's because of his addition to buy EVERYTHING advertised on television that I've made extra efforts not to do the same. And so far I've done pretty good for myself. To date, I've bought a stepper (back when step aerobics was IN), the bender ball, a treadmill, and a select few exercise videos. Not bad at all, considering the things I've been tempted to buy.

No comments: