Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Clean Sweep

Envy is a sin, I know. Still, it's the very emotion that I was guilty of often this New Year's weekend. While house hopping, each person's house I visited was absolutely beautiful, clean, and spotless.

Yes, I know that folks clean up immaculately when their expecting company, but these folks I know keep very clean homes on the regular. I know because I've been to each of their homes on more than one unplanned visit. I'm filled with envy because all to often I feel ashamed of the condition that I allow my house to be in. Dishes doen't always get washed and put away, my dresser stays in shambles with toiletries, spray bottles, mail, and a host of other things I lay atop it during the week. To my credit, I do keep the floor pretty cleared from stuff, but I can do MUCH better than what I do and I feel convicted to do so when I encounter those who do.

My fiance likes to say, "Face it, honey, you're just very domestic." WTF??? Just because organizing my house has not been my #1 priority doesn't mean I should be referred to as "not" domestic! I do clean. I just don't possess any cleaning rituals on a weekly or daily basis BUT I'll be doing so in the new year. I've got to prepare for the bigger house that I'll be blessed with this year. I've got cement regular cleaning habits into the current house before I can expect to keep my newer, bigger house clean.


As 2011 quickly approached in the last few days I was already inspired not to enter the new year with a messy house, specifically my bedroom--my biggest challenge. I'm proud to say at the conclusion of 1/1/11, my room was organized in a way that it hadn't been the entirety of 2010. All in all it probably took the entire week, but I got it done. And the plan is to keep it organized from this day forth.

No comments: