Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Workout Review

Okay, I took an extended weekend away from my exercise program. But on Tuesday, I got back to it. I was gungho about using my new Walk at Home Fitness video. So as soon as I got home, after I got my son started on his homework, of course, I popped the DVD in and got busy. What I love about this video is that it's progressional from 1 mile to 5 miles. Now, as I'm no beginner when it comes to fitness, I'd be doing myself a disservice if I only did a mile, so for starting out I completed 2 miles. The plan will be to increase 1 mile each month. That should get some of these newly formed rolls off of me.

The workout was great! I felt so accomplished. Afterwards, I ate a small bowl of spaghetti (unfortunately not with whole grain noodles, but I'm working on that). The problem came when it was time to go to bed. For the life of me, I could NOT sleep! And the longer I stayed up, the more hungry I became. Luckily, I didn't have any BAD food in the house or I would've been toast!

I've experienced this in the past and will modify my workout and diet. I'm sure the problem is that I didn't have a lot on my stomach before the workout so that's why I got hungry as the night went on. I'll fix that on the next go-round.

No comments: