Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Working It Out in the New Year

Like most of America, I have made a New Year's resolution to shed some pounds in 2010. For me, however, this is a LIFETIME resolution--it has been for the last several years. But, I'm doing different for this year. I'm creating a workout plan more condusive to my lifestyle. Unlike two years ago both of my children are in school, the youngest being in Kindergarten so I can no longer hit the gym 3-4 days a week. Well, the last couple of weeks I got hip to the Exercise TV channel on my AT&T U-verse and I found my new best friend--Walk for Fitness! I absolutely love this routine. Basically, it's low impact aerobics with an emphasis on walking in place. I can definitely handle that. So much so that I've committed to doing the exercise no less than 4 days a week. And to make some use of my gym membership that expires at the end of the year, ideally, I'd like to hit the gym at least once a week, if not only just to enjoy the steam room and sauna.

I can't wait to see the pounds start dropping off!

No comments: