Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

NOT Reading at the Library

It's no secret that I LOVE the library. Just in case you didn't know--I LOVE the library. Ironically, I don't spend nearly as much as I'd like. But when I do... I'd easily lose myself for hours in the columns of thick spined books on every subject one can imagine, wood tables tucked in various corners for the kind of quiet needed for studying, reading, or just relaxing. However, I have one of those husbands who doesn't quite get that about me and an 11 yr old son who'd enjoy that time too much without me home to keep him on task. Therefore, I only go when necessary. Like last week, for example, I went in to check out a book that my book club is reading this month, God Help the Child by Toni Morrison. Just like a kid on a rare stop by the toy store, I wanted to stay longer. That day, I had an even more pressing reason to cut the visit short--my husband's doctors appointment. 

A few days later, I found myself logging onto the library's website. I still don't rember what I was looking for but the first item on the page was an announcement about adult coloring! Stress relief was the only encouragement I needed to make a snap decision to go. It was the same night I'd seen the announcement so it must have been meant to be.

The event was advertised on the site for adults but I should have known it was for the entire family. Good thing my son was with me. Participating in non-electronic fun is just what Dr. Mom ordered for him. He got off to a slow start but by the time we were leaving, he was asking when the next coloring event was taking place.

Check out our masterpieces:


Are we going back? Absolutely!




No comments: