Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Holiday Overview

It's Monday morning. The Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday. A.K..A. lots of eating and lots of shopping. Thus, the pedometer attached to my hip this morning and my workout DVD in my tote bag. Unfortunately, I wont be able to get to the DVD because I left the key to my work locker at home--on the floor under the computer desk, no less--so I can't change into my workout clothes over lunch :(( However, I can do lots of walking and get my hula hoop on! Yes, friends and fam, I have incorporated an old childhood pasttime of hula hooping into my everyday fitness regimen and it's so much fun! For the last two weeks, I've been relieving stress at work, burning calories, and having fun with the hula hoops someone was kind enough to put in our fitness center here at work. If I hadn't been so distracted by cooking, eating, shopping, and family over the last four days, I would've missed my daily hula hoop sessions. But now that I'm back at work, I'm glad to be able to get back to it! I just wish I could bring the darn hula hoops up to my desks so I won't have to go all the way down to the fitness center whenever I need to get my fix!

Nevertheless, after a few lessons at church of thankfulness I have a spirit of thankfulness this morning. Unlike how I was feeling during my last post, today I'm thankful for my job. Glad to be here, in fact. Over the weekend, I was even moved to gift my coworkers with a small token for the holidays. I'm done being in a sour puss at work.

That's enough for now. I've got a book that I need to finish writing...

No comments: