Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Count the Little Blessings Too

God is always good. No doubt about that. But there some times when I feel especially favored by HIS good ness. Such a time was this past weekend. As I often do, I overextended my committments for this past weekend. First, on Friday, two graduation parties--one for a family member, the other for a friend. Second, on Saturday, a professional organization I'm involved with was scheduled to perform community service at 6:30 A.M. and after that I was supposed to have breakfast with a few of the members. Following breakfast, which I hoped would go quickly, I was to be at my church by noon to prepare Christmas baskets for the senior members of our church. Need I mention that this is also the last weekend before Christmas and I'd planned to get some shopping done too. Oh yes, then church on Sunday. I didn't know how I was going to do it all, but I was going to honor all of my committments!

What did God do for me that was so special??? Let me tell youl . Shortly before the first graduation party on Friday I received a text message from my coworker that there was a scheduling error for our community service date. Our service date was for the previous Saturday! As much I was disappointed that we had the date wrong and had therefore missed our opportunity to serve, words can't express how glad I was that I wouldn't have to awake at the crack of dawn to serve breakfast the next morning! Whew! One thing off my plate--actually two since the cancellation of the one automatically cancelled the breakfast plans. Then I received a phone call from the organizer of basket prep session that the time was actually 10AM instead of 12 noon so that meant I only had one thing to do on Saturday and I'd be finished with that early in the afternoon and would therefore have the rest of the day for me!

Nothing monumental but the little things count too!

No comments: