Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Turkey Day

As usual I don't get excited about the Thanksgiving holiday until the day before. I'm telling you, the weekend before when I know I should be shopping for the BIG dinner I'm pretty synical in my thinking: "Why spend all this money to make all of this food and desserts for this one day? Just so folks can eat until they can't fit anymore into their stomachs and then complain about the pounds they're surely putting on?" With that kind of stuff floating around in my head I might buy something small like the cornish hen or somce turkey parts (I never cook with a whole bunch of people in mind). However, when the day before Thanksgiving arrives it's like I have this huge realization that "THANKSGIVING IS TOMORROW!!!" This is when I realize that my table is going to be seriously lacking if I don't get my butt in gear, right? So, Kroger (or whatever grocery store I choose) here I come...

Greens in the pot, cornbread in the over, cake ingredients on the kitchen counter, and turkey breast in the fridge...I'm ready to get down to the get down!



I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the day being thankful!

No comments: